When you have basement moisture problems, there are some useful options to deal with them.
You could grub up the storage area around your building basement waterproofing and apply a moisture wall to keep water from inflowing immediately.
But, this is a huge and costly project that is not possible for most of the home-owners in NYC.
You could also use basement waterproofing and sealing materials to the inner walls. Though, this won’t proceed more than a decade before water starts seeping through all over again.
The second option is to set up French sap and a weeping hole to direct that excess water out of the basement using the sump pump.
This procedure can work inside in a moderately short period but remains with capable, long-lasting results.
Building Basement Repair Options
Here’s how it’s done:
- A 12-inch width section of the concrete floor around the perimeter of the basement removed.
- A trench dug into the ground underneath to provide room for the drain.
- Drainage holes drilled into the foundation walls below floor level.
- A layer of gravel spread over the exposed ground.
- A perforated metal drainage pipe or flat, wide tube placed on the gravel.
- More gravel placed on top of the metal tube.
- A layer of concrete can be reapplied over this to restore the floor.
- Basement crack repair performed to restore the walls.
The French drain will collect all of the water that comes out of the weeping holes and direct it towards your sump pump.
If your foundation is in need of some, consult Melange Restoration Inc. in New York City for the best basement waterproofing services and solutions.
As Melange Restoration Inc. is one of the leading waterproofing companies in NYC, we can help with basement waterproofing and repairing now to stop moisture and cracking in the future. Give us a call or fill out our online contact form to get started with a free quote right away.